Old school inventory counting meant shutting down the warehouse (sometimes for a week) or accruing expensive overtime. Both options are impossible in today’s on-demand world. Cycle counting is an inventory management procedure whereby you count consistently, without slowing your sales or shutting down the warehouse.
*If your accountant asks, yes, it’s an accepted way to determine and report your current inventory and inventory value.
Cycle counting is an inventory management procedure whereby you count some items without shutting down your warehouse. If your accountant asks, yes, it’s an accepted way to determine and report your current inventory and inventory value.Our ongoing inventory system means no annual shutdown of your warehouse operation.
How to cycle count?
I’ll let Russel explain it in a short video
How does ShipHero count better?
- We’re mobile, of course. No papers to tally and no guessing if you’re counting the correct item.
- Your employees get a goal of how many items they need to count for the week and they can see in real time how close they are to completing their goal for the week and when they are done.
- You as the supervisor can see in real-time how many items have been cycle counted and if your staff has hit or missed their goals (and by how much) for any given week.
- You can see in real-time the results of the counts and who made them.
- Your inventory is prioritized, so you’re counting the items likely to be wrong first.
- Want to check stock for a particular item, perhaps because you need to reorder that item? Hit a button on your ShipHero dashboard and that item will move to the top of the list to be recounted. No more calling down to the floor to have a count done. Reorder with confidence that the inventory in your system matches what’s on the shelf.
ShipHero is easy to setup, has no startup fees, has no contract, requires an iPod Touch or iPhone to use.