The Benefits of ShipHero's SaaS (Software as a Service) Warehouse Management System
So you have heard a lot about SaaS, but maybe you didn’t know what it means. The official definition of SaaS is “a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted.” But what does that mean in layman’s terms? It simply means that you aren’t responsible for buying any expensive servers or hosting any of the data. It all lives in “the cloud” and in the end, it is much more reliable.
Q: So how can a SaaS Warehouse Management System help you and your business?
A: Because your operations and warehouse will now be run in “the cloud”, it is all digital and always synched in real-time across your entire organization.
- No more paper pick tickets
- No onsite servers required
- Low start-up costs
- Low hardware cost (just a few iPads and Socket Scanners)
- Increased scalability to grow just as quickly as your business or maybe you need a few more workers during those peak times.
- Centralized repository for all your company’s information